Sunday, September 12, 2010

forgetting what needs only left behind

it's taken me until now to realize
how i feel about the nest i've left
and the caring cries i've left behind
while still taking time to turn an ear
making sure my flight is never too far
from the familiar feel of where i was
but still boasting this newfound freedom
especially on easy days and clear skies
the kind that cloud over the caring cries
leaving constant love i once clung to
in favor of a freedom i felt prepared for
not noticing how i hide my happiness
and only wear my want when i return
accidentally asking for things thanklessly
expecting every care i claimed before
without being weighed down by duty
and forgetting what it must feel like
because my new nest is freshly full
unlike the one i unconsciously emptied
and should have never left to this extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment