Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

I usually wake up around 5:50 and then my mom turns the basement light on and yells at me to get up around 6:00. Today, I woke up around 5:30. I spent a few minutes in prayer, thanking God for another day and praying that it would be one where I could grow closer to Him. I also prayed for my friends who would be waking up shortly, basically the same thing I prayed for myself. Then I started to get out of bed, felt the cold air ooutside the covers and shot back down. I ended up waiting, thinking, and praying a little more. Then around 5:58 the light came on in the basement, and instead of yelling, I heard footsteps. I smiled, waited, and then listened to the good news. Snow day! So needless to say, I went back to sleep (Thank God for rest), and didn't wake up until 10. And ever since then I've been enjoying the day, relaxing, reading Frankenstein, reading the Bible, playing guitar, worshiping, and enjoying some more prayer with God. I love snow days. And I love worshiping actively and intently. I'm so thankful for salvation and how it makes every day of my life infinitely better than it would be if I was lost.

1 comment: